Marinated Lamb Shanks
Cooking time: 2 hours plus marinating time
2 lamb shanks
1 lemon, juice
1 tsp. black pepper
1½ tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. beer
1-2 tsp. oil
- Crush the garlic and then mix all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl to create the marinade.
- Pour over your lamb shanks and leave to marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator, overnight night is perfect
- When you’re ready to cook lamb shanks, preheat your oven to 170°.
- Pop shanks, marinade and a little water into a baking tray and cover with kitchen foil. Then place into the oven too cook.
- Occasionally baste while cooking.
- Remove the foil for the last 30-45 minutes of cooking
- Leave to cook for 2 hours, until lamb is tender and falls away from the bone.
- Serve with a salad, vegetables or simply on their own. Enjoy!