This black cod and coconut rice is something I often make when I’m back home in Oz and it’s perfect for a lazy morning! It’s bright, luxurious and unexpected. Enjoy, Katie x
Black Cod with Coconut Rice
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 fillet of black cod
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2-3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2-3 tbsp. plain flour
½ tsp. ground ginger
Coriander- to serve
½ lime- optional, to serve
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup coconut milk
- Start on your coconut rice; pop your rice, 1 cup of cold water and the coconut milk into a saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to simmer and then reduce the heat until cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Next, mix the flour and ground ginger on a plate or small bowl.
- Slice the black cod into thin pieces and coat with the flour mix.
- Pop a small frying pan over a high heat and add the olive oil and 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Carefully add the fish in small batches (to keep the pan hot) and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- When fish has cooked pop the remaining butter, soy sauce and vinegar into the pan and reduce.
- Serve with a little coriander and a little lime, enjoy!