Ginger and Chocolate Mousse
Cooking time: 20 minutes plus setting time
100 g dark chocolate
2 tbsp. double cream
30 g caster sugar
1 tsp. fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. ground ginger 250ml double cream
1 tbsp. icing sugar
Cocoa powder- for serving
Chocolate- for serving
- Break up your chocolate into small pieces now pop them into either a Bain Marie or a heavy based saucepan. If you are using a saucepan, keep a close eye on it as it is more likely to burn your chocolate.
- Next, separate your eggs, being careful not to get any of the yolks into the egg whites
- Once the chocolate completely melted, add the sugar, ground ginger and freshly grated ginger.
- Now add your egg yolks one at a time and stir through.
- Stir in your double cream once the egg yolks are in and leave to one side to cool.
- Next whisk the egg whites until they form medium to stiff peaks.
- Now carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate. Start by adding about a quarter of the egg to start with as this will loosen up the chocolate mixture.
- Then add more egg whites and fold through. Repeat this until all the whites have been folded through.
- Pop the mixture into your chosen serving dishes and then place into the refrigerator.
- Allow to set, overnight is perfect but for at least 4 hours.