Looking for something a little different for brunch the May Day bank holiday? Then look no further! These soft-boiled panko eggs are simple yet decadent, the perfect start to a lovely lazy bank holiday. Enjoy, Katie x
Panko Soft-Boiled Eggs
Cooking time: 10 minutes
5 eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp. sesame seed
2 tbsp. plain flour
½ cup panko
1 tsp. sea salt flakes
1 tsp. cracked pepper
1 tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Get started by popping 4 of the eggs into a small saucepan with enough water to cover them and bring to boil. Allow to cook for 4 minutes and then place in cold water to stop cooking.
- Beat the remaining egg in a bowl, mix the flour and salt in a second bowl, and mix the remaining ingredients in a third bowl
- Heat a small, deep saucepan with the vegetable oil.
- Now gently peel the eggs and then coat with some flour, dip into the egg wash and them roll in the panko mix.
- Place the coated egg into the vegetable oil and allow to cook. This will take about a minute. Take care when deep frying, oil may spit.
- Once egg is golden-brown and crispy, removed from the oil and drain on a paper towel
- Serve with a coffee or tea. Enjoy!