Summer is a time to be social, which means I’m often in my kitchen whipping up meals to serve hungry guests. This is one of my favourite go-to recipes to pull out when running home from a big day. It’s luscious and vibrant and always goes down a treat with guests. So why not whip some up and invite some friends over!
Enjoy, Katie x
Beetroot, Cashew and Parmesan Dip
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes plus construction time
250 g beetroot
100 g roasted cashew
75 g parmesan
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
Pinch of sea salt
- Peel and cube your beetroot into 1-inch pieces and then pop into a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil and cook for 5-7 minutes until tender. Then leave to cool.
- When cool, pop into a blender with cashews, parmesan, horseradish, salt and olive oil.
- Blend until well combined with no large lumps. However, don’t be shy to leave a little rough for a more rustic texture, sometimes this is the way to go! Season to taste.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 flatbreads or tortillas
1 tsp sea salt, I like Maldon
1 tbsp nigella seeds
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Place flatbread on baking tray, brush with olive oil on one side and then sprinkle with salt and nigella seeds
- Pop into the oven and leave to bake for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with dip!