Happy Friday all! This weekend I have a gluten intolerant friend coming around this so I thought I’d surprise her with some blinis with a twist. They’re soft, light and extremely moreish. Enjoy, Katie x
Cooking time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours pre time
Serves: 4 dozen
110g rice flour
90g Buckwheat flour
3 tbsp. yogurt
1-2 tbsp. squid ink
Pinch of salt
- Sift your flour into a large mixing bowl and add a tsp. of caster sugar and yeast.
- Warm the milk to blood temperature and gently add to the flour.
- Pop bowl the sit for 15 minutes in a warm position
- Next, separate your eggs and add the egg yolks into the mix, with your butter.
- Add the rest of the flour, both plain and buckwheat to the mix and blend.
- Again, pop to one side in a warm place and allow to rise.
- Whisk the egg whites and once your dough has risen, gently fold through with a pinch of salt and the yogurt.
- Heat a frying plan with some butter and pop in about 1 tbsp. of dough per blini.
- Once bubbles are seen, flip the blini over and cook f the other side.
- Top with a little crème fraiche, smocked salmon, dill, caviar and lemon zest…. And possibly some bubbles. Enjoy!